ARCADIA, Wis. – Since 2003, employees of the Ashley family of companies (Ashley) have made generous donations to selected charities through the “Dollar a Week” program. This year alone, employees across the company raised over $161,000 to be donated to partner organizations including: Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital (Le Bonheur), St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital (St. Jude), Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC®), Ashley’s Angels, Hope to Dream and more.
“I have been participating in the Dollar a Week Program since I joined Ashley three years ago,” stated Lisa Pearce, Dollar a Week contributor. “It is incredibly rewarding to support charities that make a positive impact on the lives of those in need in my local communities. Signing up to donate is a piece of cake, and any amount can make a difference.”
The “Dollar a Week” program was started to give employees an opportunity to elect a weekly donation to several non-profit organizations. “Dollar a Week” encourages a culture of giving and inspires employees to make a difference. This program serves as a reminder that even small contributions can make a difference in the lives of those in the community. Overall, Ashley employees have contributed over $1 million through the program since inception.
This year, the contributions include:
- Le Bonheur receiving $34,617 in support of one of the leading children’s hospitals in the U.S.
- St. Jude receiving $31,501 in support of the childhood fight against cancer and relieving the financial burden to families.
- RMHC® receiving $6,387 to help improve the health and well-being of children and their families through support programs.
- Ashley’s Angels receiving $77,782 to make a difference in the lives of children during the holidays.
- Hope to Dream receiving $7,176 to support the mission that every child should have a good night’s sleep and a bed to call their own.
- $4,201 to miscellaneous non-profit organizations including Relay for Life, Together for Tippah, and Rotary Coats for Kids.
"The Dollar a Week program has been an incredible initiative that showcases the power of collective giving,” stated Todd Wanek, President and CEO, Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC. “The support and contributions from our employees through this program have made a significant impact on the lives of individuals and communities in need. Together, we are transforming lives and creating a brighter future for those who need it most.”
Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC (Ashley) feels that every person deserves more value for their money. Established in 1945, Ashley is the largest manufacturer of home furnishings in the world, and was named one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies by Newsweek in 2023. From design through fulfillment, Ashley is committed to delivering the world’s best home furnishing values, selection and service, and earning the loyalty and trust of its customers every day. Visit Ashley online at www.ashleyglobal.com and “like” Ashley Furniture Industries on Facebook.
# # #