Ashley Stores Promoting Heart Health Month in Partnership with Heartworks
TAMPA, Fla. - Ashley is proud to partner with HeartWorks through the support of Ashley's President and CEO, Todd Wanek and his wife Karen. Their philanthropic contributions have helped accelerate the expansion of the HeartWorks network and progress towards a cure for Congenital Heart Disease (CHD). While bringing awareness to our partnership during February (Heart Health month), we are challenging our employees and customers to take part in a Heart Healthy Challenge, learn more about Heartworks, and raise funds to help find a cure for CHD. Follow along on Ashley's social media, February 13-19th, to learn how to stay heart healthy from the comfort of your own home!
"We are thrilled to partner with HeartWorks on this campaign. Ashley's purpose is to inspire the love of home and enrich the lives of those around us. With this campaign, we hope to inspire others to support HeartWorks so they can enrich the lives of those who truly need it," said Todd Wanek, President & CEO, Ashley Furniture Industries.
The 7-day Heart Healthy Challenge was created to engage customers with the Ashley brand in a new way and to bring awareness to the amazing work HeartWorks does to find a cure for CHD. Some of the activities highlighted in the challenge include preparing a heart healthy recipe designed by Chef John Gleason, a 30-minute at home cardio video with F45 trainer Taylor LaGuardia and more.
"Ashley's commitment to heart health is not new; Since 2010, Todd Wanek and his wife Karen have been instrumental in funding groundbreaking clinical trials for curing congenital heart defects," stated Ali Olson, Director of Development, HeartWorks. "Thanks to the Waneks, HeartWorks has been able to build a community of likeminded changemakers to further their mission and change outcomes for those born with heart defects."
Understanding that the health of our world is reliant on science, Ashley and the Wanek family have long focused on innovative medical research and the benefits it can bring to so many people. As a result, the Wanek family has raised and made personal gifts of tens of millions of dollars toward a variety of medical research organizations. The Todd and Karen Wanek Family Foundation at Mayo Clinic was founded in 2010 and supports research into how and why heart disease develops and progresses, and potential cell-based therapies to repair heart tissue.
Ashley is committed to being your trusted partner and style leader for the home. This commitment has made Ashley the largest retail furniture store brand in North America and one of the world's best-selling furniture store brands with more than 1,075 locations in 64 countries.
Start designing your dream home today. Visit Ashley online at www.ashleyhomestore.com. rel="noopener noreferrer" "Like" Ashley on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram , or see our design-focused boards on Pinterest.
HeartWorks was created in June 2020 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation to advance the product development pioneered by the Todd and Karen Wanek Family Program for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS), founded at Mayo Clinic in 2010. HeartWorks has designed a first-of-its-kind platform that brings together physicians, scientists, and engineers to find and develop treatments for the most severe forms of congenital heart defects (CHD) and furthering advanced research in genetics, stem cell biology, clinical trials, and cell-based manufacturing.
Participating Ashley Stores:
- Alpharetta: 5980 North Point Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30022
- Athens: 1850 Epps Bridge Parkway, Suite 351, Athens, GA, 30606
- Atlanta: 2535 Piedmont Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
- Buford: 3295 Buford Dr, Ste 100, Buford, GA 30519
- Canton(Outlet): 1750 Marietta Hwy, Suite 95, Canton, GA 30114
- Cumming: 2475 Market Place Boulevard, Cumming, GA 30040
- Douglasville: 6875 Douglas Blvd., Douglasville, GA 30135
- Fayetteville: 128 B Pavilion Parkway Fayetteville, GA 30214
- Kennesaw: 840 Ernest Barrett Parkway, Suite 400, Kennesaw, GA, 30144
- Lithonia: 2900 Stonecrest Circle, Lithonia, GA 30038
- Marietta: 4281 Roswell Rd, Suite 312, Marietta, GA 30062
- McDonough: 1960 Jonesboro Road, McDonough, GA 30253
- Morrow: 1930 Mt. Zion Road, Morrow, GA 30260
- Newnan: 211 Newnan Crossing Bypass, Newnan, GA 30265
- Snellville: 2059 Scenic Highway N, Snellville, GA 30078
- Altamonte Springs, FL: 880 W SR 436, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
- Daytona Beach: 2400 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Kissimmee: 1301 W. Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, FL 34741
- Melbourne: 4360 West New Haven Ave. Melbourne, FL 32904
- Ocala: 4049 SW 43rd St Rd, Ocala, FL 34474
- Orlando (Millenia): 4607 Millenia Plaza Way, Orlando, FL 32839
- Orlando (Waterford Lakes): 829 N. Alafaya Trail, Orlando, FL 32828
- Sanford: 121 Towne Center Blvd., Sanford, FL 32771
- Brandon: 2615 Vildibill Drive, Brandon, FL 33510
- Davenport: 5400 Grandview Pkwy, Davenport, FL 33837
- Inverness: 2705 Hwy 44W, Inverness, FL 34453
- Clearwater: 24244 US Highway 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33763
- Lakeland: 4025 US HWY 98N, Lakeland, FL 33809
- Pinellas Park: 7900 N. US HWY 19, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
- Port Richey (Outlet): 6411 Tacoma Drive, Port Richey, FL 34668
- Sarasota: 4650 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231
- Sebring: 1700 US North 27 Sebring, FL 33870
- Tampa (Dale Mabry): 2915 N. Dale Mabry Hwy. Tampa, FL 33607
- Wesley Chapel: 26222 Golden Maple Loop, Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
- Gainesville: 3964 Plaza Blvd. Suite 10, Gainesville, FL 32608
- Arcadia: 343 Dettloff Dr. Arcadia, WI 54612
- Eau Claire: 4068 Commonwealth Ave Eau Claire, WI 54701
- Onalaska: 2906 Market Pl Onalaska, WI 54650
# # #